TULSA--The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs are offering free child care during the April 2 teacher strike.
The free childcare camps will be for children 6 to 18 at its six Boys & Girls Club in the Tulsa Metro area.
Area Commander Captain Ken Chapman says:
We do not want parents to be burdened with finding a safe, nurturing place to go should there be a teacher walkout. said Our Boys & Girls Clubs are uniquely qualified to provide a positive experience for these children to allow their parents to go to work while the teaching community goes to the state Capitol.
The six Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs are located at:
- Mabee Red Shield, 1231 North Harvard, Tulsa, OK 74115
- West Mabee, 2143 South Olympia, Tulsa, OK 74107
- North Mabee, 3001 Martin Luther King Blvd., Tulsa, OK 74106
- Broken Arrow, 1400 West Washington, Broken Arrow, OK 74012
- Sand Springs, 4403 South 129th West Ave., Sand Springs, OK 74063
- Sapulpa/Creek County, 1721 South Hickory, Sapulpa, OK 74067
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.