TULSA, Okla. — Oklahoma Department of Public Safety and Oklahoma Department of Transportation are warning the public against parking on highways and shoulders to take photos of flooding. This creates a dangerous situation for all drivers on the road in that area.
They continue to discourage travel in flood-impacted parts of the state.
The following highways are closed until further notice due to flooding:
**Note: WAGONER CO.: Northbound and southbound US-69 are OPEN north of Muskogee at the Arkansas River.
SEQUOYAH CO: East and westbound US-64 is closed between Roland, Okla., and Fort Smith, Ark. All traffic is detoured to I-40. ***
- SH-38 is closed between SH-11 and Nescatunga near the Great Salt Plains Lake.
- SH-8B is closed from SH-8 west to Aline.
- The I-40 southern service road (old Route 66) is closed at MM19 near Sayre for extended repairs due to road damage.
- SH-80 is closed four miles west of Hulbert near Fort Gibson Lake.
- SH-80 is closed near the Canyon Rd. access area just north of Fort Gibson.
- SH-127 is closed just west of US-59 near Jay due to a damaged drainage structure.
- SH-48A is closed to through traffic between the SH-48 junction in Coleman and SH-7 in Milburn due to a damaged construction detour.
- US-77 is closed between SH-156 and southern Tonkawa.
Le Flore County
- SH-9A is closed northeast of Spiro, west of Fort Smith, Ark.
- SH-74F is closed between Cashion and SH-33 due to pavement damage.
- The southbound SH-165 off-ramp to eastbound US-62 is closed and all lanes north and southbound SH-165 are OPEN at US-62 in Muskogee.
- SH-10 is closed at Big Greenleaf Creek 3.5 miles south of Braggs.
- SH-10 is closed two miles east of the US-62 junction near Fort Gibson.
- US-62 is closed between SH-80 near Fort Gibson and SH-165 in Muskogee.
- SH-104 is closed at Coal Creek just east of Haskell.
- US-62 is closed one mile south of SH-16 in Muskogee.
- SH-10 is closed east of US-169 near Lenapah due to damage to a drain.
- SH-28 is closed between US-60 and US-169 near Nowata.
- SH-10 is closed between SH-69A and US-69.
- SH-125 is closed one mile south of SH-10 in Miami.
- US-59/SH-10 is closed one mile west of US-69 near Miami.
- US-169 is closed eight miles north of SH-88 near Talala.
- SH-88 is closed seven miles east of US-169 near Oologah.
- US-64 is closed between Roland, Okla., and Fort Smith, Ark. All traffic is detoured to I-40.
- SH-64D is closed from I-40 east of Roland to US-64 west of Fort Smith, Ark.
- US-64/SH-100 is closed from the US-64/SH-100 junction near Webbers Falls to east of the Ray Fine bridge near Gore.
- Southbound US-69 is OPEN north of Muskogee at the Arkansas River.
- SH-16 is closed near the Muskogee Turnpike just north of Muskogee.
- SH-16 is closed northwest of Okay.
- SH-72 is closed from East 201st South to just north of the Arkansas River bridge near Coweta.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.