TULSA -- The Tulsa City-County Library has released a list of resources residents can use to help cool off during the extreme summer heat.
See the list below:
- OkDHS LIHEAP offers assistance with utility bills to offset heating and airconditioning costs. 918-581-2689. For other agencies assisting with utility costs, see UTILITY ASSISTANCE.
- TULSA WEATHER COALITION can provide small air conditioners to the elderly and frail. 918-834-2665.
- COOLING/WARMING STATIONS are available at:
- Tulsa County Social Services Joe Station 2401 Charles Page Blvd. 8.30-8.
- John 3:16 Mission 506 N Cheyenne. 24/7.
- OkEq 621 E 4th St. Noon-9.
- Salvation Army Center of Hope 102 N Denver. 24/7.
- Case Community Center, 1050 W Wekiwa Rd, Sand Springs.
- Senior Nutrition sites may also serve as cooling stations.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.