TULSA, Okla — Saturday evening Tulsa police responded to an injury accident near 31st and Memorial.
When officers arrived they discovered a 6-month-old had been injured in the collision. A northbound car collided with a truck and trailer that was turning left onto the eastbound ramp to the BA Expressway.
During the investigation, they discovered Donald Ramsey was driving with a 6-month-old in a baby carrier on his chest.Officials believe the infant was injured by the impact of the airbag. Ramsey told officers he carried the infant on his chest because the child cries when placed into a car seat, the infant's seat was in the back seat of the car.
A blood sample was collected from Ramsey as officers continue to investigate the collision. Ramsey was arrested on one count of child endangerment.
If anyone witnessed the collision and saw the condition of the traffic signal at the time of the collision they are asked to contact TPD.
At this time the infant's injuries do seem to be life-threatening, the other driver involved was not injured.
- Tulsa restaurant hosting block party to help support businesses hurt by pandemic
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Family raises awareness about the Delta variant
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Gov. Stitt appoints task force to handle driver's license renewal backlog
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --