OTTAWA COUNTY, OKla. — A multi-county grand jury indicted the Ottawa County Sheriff on two charges.
Jeremy Floyd faces one count of embezzlement and one count of perjury. The indictment alleges that in March 2018 Floyd fraudulently used $1,132.78 to buy his wife an airline ticket. Court records say that violates an Oklahoma statute.
Floyd was elected to sheriff in 2016.
The indictment further alleged Floyd lied under oath about being arrested for embezzlement or on probation for that type of crime when on his declaration of candidacy for Ottawa County sheriff.
- Gov. Stitt moves teachers to higher vaccine priority group
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- POTS: the chronic, incurable condition some COVID patients are developing
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- State Board of Education suspends school report cards
Punishment for embezzlement could be up to 2 years in prison, perjury is up to 5 years.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --