An Oklahoma Senator from Broken Arrow introduced a gun bill that would allow concealed firearms to be carried without the need of a license.
RELATED STORY: Governor Fallin vetoes Constitutional Carry Bill
Governor Mary Fallin vetoed Senate Bill 12, which was authored by Republican Sen. Nathan Dahm, back in May.
The bill is geared towards eliminating gun owners to participate in safety and training courses and to carry without a permit.
The bill also wants the following:
- Current and former member of armed services to carry both concealed and unconcealed firearms.
- Prohibit colleges and universities from publicizing rules prohibiting lawful carriers to possess a firearm in parking areas.
- Prohibit any alien unlawfully in the United States from carrying any firearm.
- Allowing the transportation of loaded handguns for carriers without concealed carry.
- Authorize off-duty officers to carry a personal rifle/shotgun anywhere in the state.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.