A report from the Oklahoma Ethics Commission details the list of donors opposed to State Question 788 before the question passed in June.
See a few of the highest donors against SQ 788 below:
- Forward Oklahoma City -- $165,000
- Continental Resources -- $100,000
- Devon Energy -- $100,000
- Newfield Exploration Company -- $100,000
- The Chickasaw Nation -- $100,000
- Oklahoma State Medical Association -- $75,000
- ConocoPhillips -- $50,000
- Arvest Bank -- $25,000
- Cox Communications -- $25,000
- Love's Travel Stops -- $25,000
SQ went into effect on July 26 after voters passed the measure with a 57 percent measure the previous month.
The question hit snags after being passed by voters, as the board of health amended rules on the question, which were later revised after pushback from the state's attorney general and pro-marijuana groups.
The next big date for medical marijuana is Aug. 25. That's when the Department of Health plans to have in place the forms physicians will be required to submit if they recommend cannabis to patients. Those patients will also be able to apply for a medical marijuana license.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.