TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa police officers were in a standoff with a person at an apartment complex Tuesday morning.
Officers were set up outside the Coves On Memorial Apartments near 11th Street and Memorial. The people involved have not been named by police. They said the woman filed a protective order Tuesday morning against the suspect.
Police said they escorted the man off the property but he later returned. Police tried to talk with the man but they said he ran. One officer suffered a leg injury during the foot chase but is expected to recover. Another officer in pursuit sprayed the man with mace but said he was unaffected. They said he was able to then run back into the apartment. They said he then locked himself inside.
Police said they do believe he is alone and unarmed. The woman was taken to another location.
2 News Oklahoma reached out to Tulsa Police for more information and we are waiting to hear back.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Lincoln Riley's departure 'blindsided' Oklahoma players, coaches, team captain says
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Defense secretary responds to Oklahoma governor's vaccine mandate concern
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- FTC seeks information about supply chain issues
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --