MCALESTER, Okla. — The Oklahoma Department of Corrections Fugitive Apprehension Unit said an inmate who walked away from the Jackie Brannon Correctional Center in McAlester is back in custody.
52-year-old Kirby G. Yates walked away from the minimum-security facility Thursday afternoon, according to ODOC officials. Officials said Yates is serving a five year sentence for first degree arson.
ODOC said McAlester Police Department apprehended Yates late Thursday night after a short pursuit.
ODOC said Yates could face additional charges due to walking away from the facility.
- Tulsa Public Schools delays students return to in-person learning until March 22
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Stitt activates Oklahoma National Guard to aid local law enforcement at State Capitol
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Trump to leave White House on morning of Biden's inauguration
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --