The Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry announced that, with the help of GreaterGood and the Humane Society of Tulsa, they were able to donate hundreds of pounds of pet food to Oklahoma pet owners across the state in need.
Officials say that a total of 54 pallets of dry cat and dog food, and canned cat and dog food were distributed out across the state.
The pallets were distributed based on the need for the food in each area.
“We are very, very appreciative of the donations made to ensure pet owners have the necessary supplies to provide for their pets in this time,” said Dr. Alicia Gorcyzca-Southerland, veterinarian for the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.
Below are the numbers should anyone need assistance with getting pet food for their home:
Central OK: Pet Food Pantry of OKC- 405-664-2858 or email email@example.com
SE OK: Pittsburg Co. Emergency Management - 918-423-5655
NE OK: Humane Society of Tulsa - 918-495-DOGS (3647)
• Humane Society of Lawton-Comanche County Patti Ross 580-713-9297
• Canadian County – Andrew Skidmore,
Canadian County Emergency Manager, Work: 580-651-6600 (El Reno)
• Comanche County – Geronimo Animal Control, Phone: 580-353-5511 (Geronimo)
• Cotton County – Karla Estchiti, Walters Emergency Manager,
• Greer County – Mangum Animal Control, Work: 580-782-3382 (Mangum)
• Jackson County – Jeremy Calloway, Altus Animal Control,
Work: 580-481-2285 (Altus)
• McClain County – Kristi Smith, Wayne Emergency Manager,
Work: 405-449-3451 (Wayne)
• Stephens County – Duncan’s Christians Concerned, Gary Curtis,
Work: 580-255-3648 (Duncan)
• Tillman County – Roy Gonzales, Frederick Animal Control,
• Main Contact: Enid SPCA- 580-233-1325 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ellis County- Russell Miller- 580-334-0275 or email@example.com
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.