NewsLocal News


North Tulsa man wants vehicle back after leading police to murder arrest

Posted at 6:27 PM, Sep 25, 2020
and last updated 2020-09-25 19:46:28-04

TULSA, Okla. — A North Tulsa man told 2 Works for You he helped lead police detectives to the arrest of a murder suspect.

He doesn't want recognition — he just wants his car back.

“Everything taken from me and nothing given in return. I don’t want anything but what’s owed to me and that’s it," Michael Reddy said.

Reddy said he was pulled over by police near Allegheny Ave. and Pine St. in North Tulsa around 11 p.m. on Aug. 25.

"They told me to get out of the car and get on the ground," Reddy said.

"What am I being detained for? Why are y'all searching my car?" Reddy said he asked police officers.

Reddy said he wasn't told why he was pulled over until he found himself at the precinct for questioning.

"Murder?" Reddy said. "Murder who?"

Reddy said the detective told him he was detained as a person of interest in the homicide investigation death of 51-year-old Steven Wood.

Wood's body was found inside a unit at Cedar Lane Apartments near 19th St. and Sheridan Rd. with head trauma.

Reddy told 2 Works for You he was friends with Wood.

"I just dropped and I was like, 'He's dead?'" Reddy asked.

Reddy said after police searched his vehicle and his home, they let him go.

"I said, 'Okay, where's my car?'" Reddy said.

He found his 2000 white Cadillac in the lot at Allied Towing.

"I asked where the keys were. They said, 'We don't have the keys.'" Reddy said. "So, here I am stuck with a car with no keys."

Reddy showed 2 Works for You weeks of text exchanges with a Tulsa police detective.

In the messages, the detective tells Reddy "I'm doing everything I can to get your car back" and "we'll find them [the keys]."

But after the first week he'd already given up hope — until he received a call from a friend.

"She tells me she confessed to her, that the murderer confessed to her," Reddy said. "I was like, 'We need to go to the detectives and tell them."

Reddy said he told investigators 39-year-old Angie Frost confessed to killing Wood.

On Sept. 3, Frost was arrested by Tulsa police and charged with his murder.

"The detective calls me and says, 'Hey, you did great. I'm going to make sure we get your car to you,'" Reddy said.

But five weeks and counting — he doesn't have his Cadillac back.

"I'm still unable to go to work, my bills aren't paid, I need to pay child support." Reddy said. "If it wasn't for family and friends that I can count on, I don't know where I'd be. I'd probably be out there on the side of the road."

Reddy filed a $5,000 tort claim with the City of Tulsa for property damages and lost wages. It could take up to 90 days to be processed and approved.

Reddy said he loses $250 every day he doesn't work.

A Tulsa police spokesperson told 2 Works for You, "We are aware of the incident and are working with Mr. Reddy to remedy the situation."

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --