As families prepare for safe travels for Memorial Day Weekend, local transportation spots are giving expert tips.
Whether you are traveling out of state or just planning local activities, please keep in mind to stay safe Memorial Day weekend.
If you plan on drinking this weekend, don’t forget to designate a sober driver to take you around. You can also contact Uber or Lyft for an affordable ride. AAA is also offering Tipsy Tow this weekend, so please be responsible and safe. To access Tipsy Tow, call 1-800-222-4357 (AAA-HELP), say, “I need a Tipsy Tow” and AAA Oklahoma will do the rest. The service is offered at no charge, no questions asked. AAA will give you, up to one more person, and your car a ride home, within a 15-mile radius from the point of pick-up, anytime during the 82-hour period.
One thing that’s been trending across the nation are the unusually long TSA lines at airports. The Tulsa International Airport recommends arriving at leave 90 minutes before your flight and Allegiant Airlines specifically says to arrive two hours beforehand.
Before leaving for the airport, don't forget to check to make sure you have everything properly packed! Below is a list of what to do and what not to do!
- Liquids and gels in containers larger than 3.4 ounces should be packed in checked luggage.
- Liquids and gels in containers 3.4 ounces and smaller may be packed in carry-on bags, as long as the following conditions are met:
- The containers are 3.4 ounces or less. o All containers must fit into one quart sized or smaller Ziploc bag.
- Passengers are limited to one bag.
- FAA rules prohibit the placement of electronic cigarettes in checked luggage. Passengers must carry e-cigarettes in their carry-on bag. Any liquids must fit in the quart-sized Ziploc with other liquids and gels that the passenger is taking through the checkpoint.
- Travelers may carry on board one bag that fits in the overhead bin or under the seat, plus one personal item. Check with your airline for any applicable carry on fees. Personal items include things such as purses, briefcases or laptops. A list of permitted and prohibited carry-on items is available at www.tsa.gov.
- Valuables including cameras, jewelry, documents, prescription medicine, and car keys should be placed in your carry-on luggage and kept with you at all times.
- Suitcases should be properly labeled on the exterior and interior of the bag with the passenger’s name and cell phone number.
Safe travels and have fun!