TULSA, Okla — Dal Peterson was looking to move his construction business to Tulsa.
When he and his wife arrived, they were living in an Airbnb near South 44th West Avenue.
While they were out looking at rental homes, their trailer, which was attached Peterson's truck, was stolen.
“Trailer itself was close to $4,000," Peterson said.
Around $18,000 worth of tools and equipment were inside the trailer, including some business checks.
Someone tried to cash several checks at a store near 108th East Avenue. They were eventually able to cash one.
"The one that actually cleared was around $650," Peterson said.
Peterson has since closed the account and reported the theft and fraud to the Tulsa Police Department.
The fraud unit is working to identify who passed the stolen checks.
If you have any information, call Tulsa Police Crime Stoppers at 918-596-Cops.
- Skeptic turns believer after COVID diagnosis
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- House approves the CASH Act, proposal to increase stimulus checks to $2,000 moved to the Senate
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Lori Loughlin released after 2-month prison term in college admissions scam
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --
- Download our free app for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
- Sign up for daily newsletters emailed to you
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter