Need a plan? A business plan?
Three ladies who have grown their own businesses are holding a workshop in Tulsa this week to answer questions and give advice to those interested in becoming an entrepreneur.
Amanda Frances is a Tulsa native and one of the ladies hosting the event. Frances says this three hour event is “for any woman who desires to explore entrepreneurship and be empowered to earn money through their gifts, talents, unique skill-set and personality.”
Along with Amanda will be Andrea Crowder and Danielle Mercurio discussing how to start your own business on Sunday, June 26 from 3-6 p.m. at Cherry Street Yoga.
The Women’s Entrepreneurial Empowerment Workshop includes:
- Amanda Frances | Business Coach for Spiritual Entrepreneurs
Discusses conquering fears, growing social media presence & making money online
- Danielle Mercurio | Life Coach and Energy Leadership Trainer
A motivational talk about following intuition and incorporating spirituality into growing a business
- Andrea Crowder | Co-Founder of misFIT REPublic LLC., | Mind & Body Transformation Coach
Speaks about dropping your excuses, reverse engineering your dreams and making goals a reality quickly
- A panel of women business owners will share various experiences, tips and stories about growing their various businesses.
- One hour follow-up live group coaching call with Amanda Frances - one month after the event.
- All participants receive juice from Pure Food and Juice
According to Amanda, any women interested in starting a business or want to start while they are working a job and/or raising a family should first consider these three elements.
1. You need a vision and a solid why – and focus on it each day.
Amanda’s story: She was in graduate school and working full time. She didn’t have investors but did have determination and a vision. She worked on her business late at night, in the morning and on weekends. What drove her was her "why" – she wanted freedom and a certain lifestyle and wanted to do something where she helped others.
2. Change the way you think about money - Many women have guilt about their desire to earn money.
- Learn to focus on the value that your product or service brings to others – when someone buys what you have to offer it is an exchange, so make it a fair exchange. Focus on the value of what you give.
- Think of money as something not good or evil, but something that can be used for good. As you earn money in your business, you are able to support organizations you believe in, buy from companies you believe in, support your family in new ways and relieve financial stress. There is nothing evil about that.
3. Conquering your fears – Starting a business can be scary.
First thing each day while still in bed, Amanda brings her current business goal to the forefront of her mind.
“I feel the feelings of what it will be like to accomplish the goal and I allow myself to look at my fear around the goal not coming true. One by one, I witness each fear. What we resist, persists ... so by avoiding our fear, it actually grows. Our fears will bounce around in our mind trying to get our attention and draining our valuable energy. By noticing each fear, we take away its power.”
2 Works for You chatted with Amanda on Friday to ask about the Entrepreneurial Empowerment Workshop for Women. Check out the Facebook Live video below! If you are not able to view below, watch it here.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.