JENKS, Okla. — Jenks Public Schools issued an apology after a photo shared on social media showed celebrations after a football game with no masks or social distancing.
The Jenks Trojans won the state championship football game on Saturday and posted several photos on their Facebook page. One photo showed the student section celebrating the victory with dozens of people not wearing masks and within close contact amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Jenks later posted an apology on Facebook for the "widely criticized" photo. The district said they accept the criticism and apologize for the mistake.
The district said they will do more to "maintain stricter safety protocols" at future events.
This is the 17th state championship for the district.
- Tulsa Health Department adds new color to show higher risk on zip code map
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Protecting your packages from porch pirates during the holidays
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- TU Basketball Player tests positive for COVID-19
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --