According to ODOT, as part of an improvement project at the I-44/Arkansas River bridge, the following closures are in place until further notice unless otherwise noted. Significant delays can be expected, especially during peak travel times.
I-44/Arkansas River bridge narrowed, ramps closed
- East and westbound I-44 will narrow to one lane in each direction at the Arkansas River bridge from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday. The corridor will be narrowed to two lanes in each direction outside of those times until further notice.
- The eastbound I-44 on-ramp from Elwood Ave. is closed until further notice.
- The westbound I-44 on-ramp from Peoria Ave./Riverside Dr. is closed until further notice. Use the on-ramp at Lewis Ave. for access to westbound I-44 during this time.
Inner Dispersal pavement project by downtown; lane and ramp closures
- All lanes of northbound US-75/eastbound US-64/SH-51 are closed on the south leg of the IDL between the I-244 junction and the US-75 split through mid-October. Drivers should follow the west and north legs around the IDL during this time.
- The westbound I-244/eastbound US-64/SH-51 and the eastbound I-244/northbound US-75 ramps to northbound US-75/eastbound US-64/SH-51 are closed at the southwest corner of the IDL until further notice.
- Southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 is narrowed to two lanes on the south leg of the IDL through mid-October.
- The northbound US-75/eastbound US-64/SH-51 on-ramps from Houston Ave., 13th and Denver Ave. on the south leg of the IDL will be closed until further notice
This is part of an ongoing project to reconstruct pavement on US-75/US-64/SH-51 (south leg of the IDL) and also rehabilitate bridges on the south and east legs of the IDL. Delays can be expected, especially during peak travel times. Drivers should plan ahead for extra travel time in these areas. The project is expected to complete in early 2020, weather permitting. Detour maps are available at - https://tinyurl.com/y3j46ao7. [lnks.gd]
As a reminder, this work zone is adjacent to the following:
US-64/SH-51 bridge rehabilitation project; lane and ramp closures
- East and westbound US-64/SH-51 (Broken Arrow Expressway) is narrowed to two lanes in each direction from the southeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop to near 21st St. South until further notice as part of a bridge rehabilitation project. Drivers can expect significant delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Use caution at all entrance ramps in the corridor and be prepared to stop before entering the highway.
- The westbound US-64/SH-51 on-ramp from 15th St. South is closed until further notice.
- Lewis Ave. and 15th St. South are narrowed under US-64/SH-51; expect delays in these corridors.
- The overall project is expected to complete in late 2020, weather permitting.
SH-11 bridge rehabilitation project in Tulsa; lane, ramp closures
SH-11 bridge rehabilitation project in Tulsa scheduled for overall completion in early 2020, delays can be expected in the following areas. Drivers should plan ahead for extra travel time, especially those heading to the Tulsa International Airport complex.
- East and westbound SH-11 is narrowed to one open lane in each direction from Pine St. to the Tulsa International Airport complex through early 2020. Be alert to traffic shifts in this corridor.
- The eastbound SH-11 off-ramp to Memorial Dr. is closed until further notice; detour to Virgin St. and follow signed detour route to Memorial Drive.
- The eastbound SH-11 on-ramp from Virgin St. is closed until further notice; use signed detour route on Memorial Dr. and Pine Street.
I-44/165th E. Ave. widening project
Drivers should be alert to reduced speeds and shifted lanes on east and westbound I-44 at 165th E. Ave. as part of an ongoing widening project.
US-412 narrowed near 4200 Rd. near Inola
Drivers can expect various lane closures and reduced speeds on east and westbound US-412 near 4200 Rd. near Inola through late October for an ongoing improvement project.
SH-20 narrowed near SH-11 junction
Eastbound SH-20 is narrowed to one lane east of the SH-11 junction near Skiatook through early fall for a bridge rehabilitation project.
For more information:
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.