TULSA, Okla. — September is Hunger Action Month!
The Oklahoma Food Banks, Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma and the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma are partnering up in the fight against hunger, according to a press release.
Everyone has a role to play in ending hunger and we need your help now more than ever. Engage, advocate or donate. Even an action as small as spreading awareness on social media can make a big difference.
Hunger Action Month in September 2020 is even more crucial then ever due to the coronavirus pandemic. Food security rates are higher than the Great Recession peak, officials said, "with more than an additional 215,000 Oklahomans going hungry."
Oklahoma Food Banks are asking the public to help by taking action in one of the below ways:
· Wear orange, the color of hunger awareness, on Sept. 10 in recognition of Hunger Action Day
· Spread the word about Hunger Action Month on social media
· Sign up to take a virtual tour of the Regional Food Bank
· Learn more about the work of the Oklahoma Food Banks by visiting their websites · Read Feeding America's The Impact of Coronavirus on Food Insecurity
· Register to vote or register others to vote
· Contact your legislators and encourage them to support policies that address the root causes of hunger and poverty in Oklahoma
· Host a food and fund drive
· Donate to the Regional Food Bank's Food for Kids Match
· Donate to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma’s Food for Kids Match
· Participate in TulsaPeople's 14th Annual Restaurant Week benefiting Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
CLICK HERE for a full list of opportunities offered by the Oklahoma Food Banks.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --