Although Cyber Monday and Black Friday are over, you might want to keep your wallet near you this #GivingTuesday.
It's an annual movement that started in 2012 described as a "global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration".
It's a good way to get into the spirit of holiday giving!
Many local organizations are asking for your donation to support their missions.
Here's a list of some that are participating:
- Arts Alliances Tulsa
- Helps support 40 arts organizations including Tulsa Ballet, Tulsa Symphony and Chamber Music Tulsa
- A New Leaf
- Provides individuals with developmental disabilities with employment and residential services
- City Year Tulsa
- Partners with high-poverty and urban public schools to improve academics
- Gatesway Foundation
- Provides employment opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities
- River Parks Authority
- Helps maintain 26 miles of trails and riverfront along the Arkansas River, including Turkey Mountain
- STEM Shoppe
- Provides learning tools and school supplies to teachers in Tulsa area
- Tristesse Grief Center
- Provides grief counseling to people in the wake of loss
- Tulsa Global Alliance
- Promotes study abroad programs and international relations through partnerships with other countries
Just make sure the organizations you're giving to are reputable ones. This time of year can be a tricky one with online scammers.
One website that could help you is Charity Navigator.
Also, your donation on Facebook could be matched this #GivingTuesday. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be matching up to $2 million of funds raised on Facebook for U.S. nonprofits.
They will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit or $1,000 per fundraiser or donate button. For more information, click here.
The match will be begin at 7 a.m. CT.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.