News

Actions

Homeowner says East Tulsa house fire was likely caused by a space heater, 11 people safely escaped

Posted at 8:47 AM, Dec 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-15 13:19:27-05

TULSA -- Fire crews responded to a house fire in East Tulsa around 8:00 a.m. Thursday morning. The homeowner says it was likely caused by a space heater.

Randall Bostick is expecting a child on Monday, and now he may not have anywhere for them to live, and everything they bought for the baby is gone. 

The homeowner, Stephanie White, says she will never use a space heater again after seeing what it did to her home, and suggests that everyone use this as a warning. 

“I wouldn’t use them. And if you do use them they need to be around something that can’t catch on fire, like concrete or something," she said. 

The Tulsa Fire Department said it's dangerous to hang on to old space heaters, and you should update them as often as possible. 

The fire broke out near East Admiral and South 161st East Avenue. The homeowner says all 11 people inside did get out safely.

Seven units responded to the fire.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook