TULSA, Okla. - A man believed to be homeless is dead after a car caught fire early Saturday morning.
Firefighters said they responded to a lot near Memorial and Admiral to a reported structure fire. When they arrived, though, they found two vehicles on fire.
Once they put out the flames, firefighters found a man's body inside one of the vehicles. Right now, they believe the victim is a homeless man. They said a space heater used by the man is most likely the cause of the fire.
Investigators said the victim had a space heater inside the vehicle attached to an extension cord that ran to a commercial building. Firefighters said the business owner allowed the man to sleep in a vehicle in the lot.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.