TULSA — Heat indices are expected to creep past the 100-degree mark Tuesday across Green Country as a Heat Advisory is in effect for this afternoon and evening.
Meteorologist Kirsten Lang says heat indices will be between 102 and 105 degrees today.
— Kirsten Lang (@KirstenHorneWx) July 16, 2019
Meteorologist Clint Boone says the heat will be sticking around for the next several days.
Tips for staying healthy in the heat:
- PRE-HYDRATION is key in preventing heat-related illness. Drink plenty of water or electrolyte replacement drinks several hours prior to and during long exposure to the summer heat.
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing and a wide brimmed hat if working outdoors and take plenty of shade breaks.
- No alcohol or caffeine.
- If you do not have air conditioning, find a cooling station or public space (such as libraries or malls) during the day.
- Also, don’t limit your air conditioning. If you are concerned about your electric bill, call PSO. They have programs that could possibly help you.
- Use the buddy system if working outdoors and check on elderly neighbors.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.