The fireworks are always a sight to see on the Fourth of July, but it's important to stay safe.
Dr. Maggie Brandt with OU Medicine Trauma Center said it's not just the larger explosives that are dangerous.
"I love sparklers, but sparklers are so hot and the ones that run around with sparklers are usually little kids," Brandt said. "It's usually a high intensity monitoring situation."
Brandt said she's seen fingers get blown off from explosive fireworks and urges people to leave the majority of fireworks to professionals.
She said if you do light your own, closely monitor kids and keep a bucket of water and sand to put out any fires.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.