TULSA, Okla. — Governor Kevin Stitt toured the site of the Greenwood Rising museum Friday.
The state-of-the-art history center is located at the heart of Tulsa's Greenwood District. It's meant to honor Black Wall Street's legacy before and after the Tulsa race massacre of 1921.
In a Facebook caption, the governor said Senator Kevin Matthews and Project Manager Phil Armstrong gave him a guided tour.
Construction is expected to be completed in late spring of this year.
- OHP arrests 14 year old after deadly Tulsa pursuit
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- The debate over medical marijuana
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Tulsa's Gathering Place wins best city park
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --