GLENPOOL, Okla. — The FBI said a man is dead after a fight led to a shooting that injured a Glenpool police officer.
It happened Tuesday night near West 149th Street and South Yukon Avenue. Police said during the incident the suspect, identified as Julian Rose, shot the officer. The officer fired back, hitting Rose.
Officials told 2 Works for You Rose is Native American and the case was being handed over to the FBI.
Police said the officer was treated at a local hospital and released. He is expected to make a full recovery. FBI agents said Rose, a member of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, died.
This is a developing story. We will continue to update as we receive information.
- First doses of COVID-19 vaccine given in Tulsa Tuesday
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Why you still need to be cautious despite COVID-19 vaccine
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Nursing homes prepare for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --