TAHLEQUAH, Okla. — First Lady Jill Biden is stopping in Oklahoma as a part of an upcoming trip, the White House announced Tuesday.
Biden will stop in Tahlequah on Friday along with U.S. Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland to visit the Cherokee Immersion School and support the importance of native language preservation.
The First Lady's visit to Oklahoma is the second of two stops on Friday, the first happening in Philadelphia earlier in the day.
Biden will visit a pediatric COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in an effort to encourage vaccinations for kids and booster shots for families.
- Lincoln Riley's departure 'blindsided' Oklahoma players, coaches, team captain says
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Defense secretary responds to Oklahoma governor's vaccine mandate concern
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- FTC seeks information about supply chain issues
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --