ROGERS COUNTY, Okla. -- Firefighters went into a burning home Friday night and rescued an elderly woman trapped inside.
They responded to a house fire on East 380 Road near Route 66 in Bushyhead. They said the fire started in the chimney and spread to the attic.
Fire Chief Randy Atchley said the living room was heavily damaged by the fire, but the rest of the home is still in good shape.
Atchley said firefighters safely got out the homeowner, who is bedridden and suffers from dementia. Paramedics checked her out at the scene, and she is now staying with one of her family members.