SAND SPRINGS, Okla. — Students at Clyde Boyd Sixth Grade Center are moving to distance learning for Friday after being evacuated on Thursday morning due to a bathroom fire.
Sand Springs Fire Department responded quickly and put the fire out, school officials said. Firefighters cleared the 7th and 8th grade facility for student to return to class.
Sixth grade student were relocated to the Clyde Boyd Middle School Gymnasium for parents to pick them up.
On Friday, sixth graders will not return to in-person learning. Instead, the center is moving students to distance learning. Parents can pick up their child's belongings on Dec. 17th after 1 p.m., official said.
Official said the cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
- Gov. Stitt moves teachers to higher vaccine priority group
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- POTS: the chronic, incurable condition some COVID patients are developing
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Cherokee Nation updates criminal codes, plans $10 million in resources for legal system
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --