News

Actions

Fire damages Bristow restaurant, cause determined as electrical issue

Posted at 6:53 AM, Aug 10, 2017
and last updated 2017-08-10 07:53:23-04

BRISTOW, Okla. -- A Bristow restaurant was heavily damaged after a late-night fire Wednesday.

The Bristow Fire Department responded to the Beach House Restaurant on Main Street around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The fire chief says an electrical issue started the fire in the dining area, causing smoke to fill the restaurant and cause smoke damage.

The fire didn’t spread to other buildings. The fire chief says he doesn’t think the restaurant is beyond repair, but sustained about $30,000 to $50,000 worth of damage.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook