TULSA -- A couple is safe after a fire broke out in their midtown home around 1:00 a.m. Monday morning.
Fire crews said they responded to the area of 11th and South Harvard Avenue. They said there was a lot of smoke coming from the chimney in the back of the house.
Fire crews said the freezing temperatures made it harder to fight the fire because their lines froze up.
Crews said the cause appears to be electrical. Fire investigators will make the final call. The couple is staying with family members.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.