News

Actions

Hot ashes cause Tulsa house fire Sunday morning

Posted at 2:52 PM, Apr 17, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-17 15:52:43-04

TULSA - Firefighters said Sunday that hot ashes were the cause of an early morning house fire.

The fire started around 8:30 Sunday morning near East 77th Street and South Fulton Avenue.

Two people were inside the home when the fire started, but were able to make it out safely.

Firefighters say the fire was caused by ashes not being thrown away. In total, $40,000 worth of damage was caused to the home.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook