NewsLocal News


Feds combat landlord sexual harassment amid pandemic

Posted at 7:52 PM, May 08, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-08 21:47:27-04

As the pandemic makes it harder for some to pay rent across the country, some landlords have pressured those who can't pay for sexual favors.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Tulsa hasn't had such complaints yet, but wants to hear from you if it happens.

Complaints can be filed with the U.S. Attorney's Office or the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Anyone who has experienced sexual harassment in housing, or knows someone who has, can call the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice at 844-380-6178 or email

Individuals who believe they may have been victims of discrimination may contact the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Oklahoma at 918-382-2748.

To file a complaint alleging harassment or discrimination in housing with HUD, call 800-669-9777 or visit its website here.

For more information about the Sexual Harassment in Housing Initiative, click here.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook