Actions

Family escapes after South Tulsa attached garage catches fire

Posted: 11:55 PM, Dec 17, 2017
Updated: 2017-12-18 10:47:25Z

TULSA -- A family escapes a fire after flames erupted inside a garage attached to their South Tulsa home.

The Tulsa Fire Department responded to the home near 91st and Yale Sunday night. A couple and their two children safely got out of the home.

Crews believe the flames started for an electrical reason. Firefighters said the flames were contained to the garage, but it's unclear how much smoke damage the home received.

District Chief John Steiner said if you smell smoke and believe it to be a fire, escape and immediately call 911.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android  and Kindle devices.

Sign up for  newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook