MCALESTER, Okla. — A flash fire at an Oklahoma ammunition plant hurt one employee on Tuesday afternoon.
The fire happened in the production area of the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant around 1:30 p.m.
The employee went to the hospital to be treated for burns.
Nine other employees were in the area but didn't need to be hospitalized.
The plant says the building's fire impression system worked as designed and put the fire out.
The plant receives, stores, ships, produces, renovates and demilitarizes conventional ammunition.
- Now some Thanksgiving items could be in short supply
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Tulsa County Sheriff's Office investigating found human remains as homicide
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Jerry Remy, Boston Red Sox player and broadcaster, dies at 68
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --