TULSA – For some, the end of the road usually means things are slowing down and coming to a close, but that’s not the case for Tulsa Tough.
The last day of the weekend of bicycle races is marked by the event’s most rambunctious celebration: Cry Baby Hill.
Sunday, June 12
New Medio River Parks Criterium, 15th Street and Riverside Drive (Cry Baby Hill)
*Spectators: Before you check out the schedule, mind the rules of Cry Baby Hill, here they are.*
- Men’s Masters B (category III, IV) starts at 8 a.m.
- Women’s Masters 40+ starts at 8 a.m.
- Men’s category V 35+ starts at 8:35 a.m.
- Men’s category V under 35 starts at 9:10 a.m.
- Women’s category IV starts at 9:45 a.m.
- Women’s category III starts at 10:20 a.m.
- Men’s category IV starts at 11 a.m.
- Juniors starts at 11:45 a.m.
- Men’s Masters A (category I, II, III) starts at 12:20 p.m.
- Kids (9 and under) starts at 1 p.m.
- Men’s category III starts at 1:25 p.m.
- Men’s category I/II starts at 2:25 p.m.
- Women’s Pro I/II starts at 3:30 p.m.
- Men’s Pro I starts at 4:35 p.m.
Women’s Pro I/II awards ceremony at conclusion men’s race. Men’s Pro I awards ceremony at conclusion of women’s awards ceremony.
We are still trying to locate a road closures map, watch back here for updates.
Every year there is a theme and for 2016 it is “Cry Baby Hippie Hill.”
Now, there are a couple of commandments of Cry Baby Hill (CBH) and these rules are sacred among spectators.
So, here they are:
1. Love each other. Cool? Cool.
2. MIND THE GAP. That cannot be stressed enough.
3. Due to past issues - NO pets, NO children.
4. Do not spray the bikers with water, or anything else.
5. Remember to stay hydrated and find the cooling stations located at top of CBH.
6. Use the port-a-potties, not neighbor’s yards.
7. DO NOT touch the racers. Not cool.
8. Upon arrival, find out where the medical services are located. Just in case.
9. Listen to the refs, ALWAYS.
EMSA’s Tulsa Tough crew locations:
• Near 15th St. and Galveston Ave.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.