SAND SPRINGS, Okla. -- Clyde Boyd Middle School in Sand Springs will reopen Friday after carbon monoxide detectors were installed.
A heater malfunction Monday caused the evacuation of the school.
Classes were cut short on Monday and out of session Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday while a malfunctioning heater and other parts were inspected and replaced.
SSPS said five students went home on Monday and an additional seven reported feeling sick, so officials began to investigate and called the fire department and Oklahoma Natural Gas.
Carbon monoxide detectors were installed in all classrooms at Clyde Boyd and will be installed in every classroom throughout the district during winter break, school officials said.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.