TULSA - The City of Tulsa announced Monday that Riverside Drive between 21st and 41st Streets will open at 6 a.m. Sept. 10.
"As Tulsans will see, it has been straightened and leveled. But most importantly, it will transport people through the majesty of the Gathering Place and River Parks," Mayor G.T. Bynum said.
The opening will correspond with the opening of Phase 1 of the Gathering Place.
Around $40 million has been invested in improvements to Riverside Drive and nearby infrastructure, according to the City of Tulsa.
These include the following:
· Travis Park and Swan Creek stormwater drainage improvements
· Sanitary sewer replacement
· New 12-inch waterline
· Riverside Drive, 33rd Place to 41st Street
· Riverside Drive, 24th Street to 33rd Place - includes new traffic signals at 27th Street, 31st Street, and 33rd Place
· Riverside Drive landscaping between 24th and 27th Streets
· Crow Creek Bridge replacement
· 31st Street, Riverside Drive to Peoria Avenue - includes pedestrian connectivity to Zink Park
· Pedestrian Bridge over Riverside Drive
· Traffic signal at Riverside Drive and 21st Street
· Parking lots along Riverside
· River Parks Trail