CATOOSA, Okla. — Catoosa Public Schools is moving to distance learning for two weeks due to coronavirus cases and quarantines.
The district said all sites are shifting to distance learning and will return to in-person learning on Monday, Feb. 8, 2021.
Below is the schedule for sites moving to distance learning:
- Middle school and high school are moving to distance learning on Thursday, January 21, 2021
- Tulsa Tech students will continue to attend class and regular transportation from the high school will be provided.
- Cherokee and Helen Paul are moving to distance learning, Monday, January 25, 2021
- Cherokee and Helen Paul will have in-person class on Thursday, January 21 in an effort to give parents/ guardians time to make the adjustment to distance learning.
- All sites will have distance learning Friday on January 22 as previously scheduled
Officials said the close contact quarantines for students and staff, as well as the increasing number of positive COVID-19 cases is what caused the district to make the shift.
We know it is best for most students to be in class with their teacher and we have worked hard all year to stay in school (we’ve made it in-person so far 74/80 days!) while keeping our students and staff safe. However, in spite of our best efforts and as much as we want to stay in school, it is safest for everyone if we shift to Distance Learning and return to inperson learning on Monday, February 8, 2021. This two-week window will allow for both current positive and recently exposed students and staff to get healthy.
All athletic facilities, practices, games and activities are either closed or canceled until Monday, Feb. 8th. Officials said this includes the Catoosa Youth League and any outside groups that use the facilities.
The district will continue to provide meals during the two weeks of distance learning, per the schedule below:
- Cherokee and Helen Paul distance learning Meal Boxes for Friday, January 22 will be sent home with students after school on Thursday, January 21.
- Meals for the week of Jan. 25th and Feb. 1st:
- DOME PICKUP: Five-day meal boxes will be available for pick up at the Dome from 12:00-1:00 on Monday, January 25 and Monday, February 1. Meals are for anyone 18 and under. Children do not have to be present to pick up food and do not have to attend CPS.
- BUS STOPS: Buses/Suburbans will leave Dome at 1:00 and will run normal routes to deliver five day meal boxes. Meals are for anyone 18 and under. Children do not have to be present to pick up food and do have to attend CPS. Full virtual students can pick up at Dome or at Bus Stops these weeks.
- Biden to sign two more executive orders Friday aimed at expanding benefits amid pandemic
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Roommate charged in missing Wagoner County woman's death
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Oklahoma COVID vaccine portal is troubling many seniors, help means long call waits
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --