TULSA, Okla. — A New Year's Eve celebration turns dangerous after a bullet came right through the roof of a Tulsa home.
Now the family is warning people to think twice before shooting their guns into the air.
At the stroke of midnight, Julie Tucker-Tranium heard fireworks, gunfire and then a big bang as she walked to the back of the house.
She walked around the house to figure out what it was and found nothing.
But when she got up the next morning, her dog had found a bullet on the ground outside her bedroom.
"I reached down and picked it up and it was a big slug and it was a 45 caliber slug and I was like oh," Tucker-Tranium said. "Then I looked up and saw the hole in the ceiling and I was like wow."
They called the police. Now she has to fix the hole in her roof and ceiling.
Tucker-Tranium says while it is an inconvenience, she is glad that no one was hurt.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.