BROKEN ARROW, Okla. — Broken Arrow Public Schools announced the plan for students after the Thanksgiving break.
The ZIP codes within our district are continuing to experience a significant rise in COVID-19 numbers, which means we are seeing an increasing number of students, teachers and staff being impacted by the virus. When we combine these numbers with a shortfall of substitutes, bus drivers and key personnel, we must continue to wisely utilize our resources as we try to mitigate and manage through the spread of the virus.
Below is the schedule for students at BAPS:
Students in grades Pre-K through 5
- In-Person Learning: Nov. 30 to Dec.11 unless a site-specific building closure occurs
- Distance Learning: Dec. 14 to Dec. 18
Students in grades 6 through 12
- Distance Learning: Nov. 30 to Dec. 11
- In-Person Learning: Dec. 14 to Dec. 18 unless a site-specific building closure occurs
The district's Winter break is schedule from December 21st to January 1st, officials said.
Officials said Child Nutrition is providing meals to students ages one through 18 from noon to 1 p.m. during the work week outside of closed school sites.
If a student is in need of in-person support while distance learning, officials said they should visit their school site or teacher during normal school hours.
All staff at BAPS will report to work as normal, unless they are quarantined, officials said.
- Oklahoma State Department of Health releases draft of COVID-19 vaccination plan
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- City of Tulsa announces facility closings for Thanksgiving holidayFOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Oklahoma COVID expert calls large, indoor events 'irresponsible'
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --