TULSA, Okla. — Bixby Public Schools released their guidelines for returning to school for the 2020-21 academic year.
The 'Return to Learn Guide' includes a list of guidelines for students returning to in-person and distanced learning this fall.
Parents are being asked to do temperature checks every day, and purchase a mask for their child.
Social distancing in hallways, classrooms, cafeterias and gyms will be enforced.
The school plans to remain in person as long as COVID-19 remains in a controlled, calm state.
The district released a three level plan for the district. Each including changes that depend on the severity of the spread of coronavirus in the school.
if minimal no active transmission of the coronavirus within BPS and there are no active local health restrictions or emergency orders in place"
- regular school procedures with coronavirus precautions
- general cleaning and disinfecting
- teachers, staff, and students highly encouraged to wear face coverings at all times when physical distancing is not possible.
- face coverings required on school bus for ALL students, during arrival/dismissal and may need to wear them in hallways/common areas
if isolated evidence of active transmission of the virus in BPS Schools or classrooms spread, and normal school disruption due to absentee rates:
- regular school schedule with coronavirus precautions
- increased cleaning and disinfecting of rooms (students may go to distance learning for 24-72 to provide thorough clean of work spaces).
- ALL students and staff will be required to wear face coverings in classrooms, hallways and common areas.
- school will develop enhanced procedures with help of local health agencies
- school will prepare for possible transition into full time distance learning
- district may limit fan participation at athletic events
if significant active transmission of coronavirus at school/district-wide, and the school is unable to maintain normal operations:
- in-person operations will be suspended
- students and teachers will move to distance learning
- school facilities will close to public
- school will coordinate with local health agencies to develop standards to safely return to school after outbreak subsides.
For parents interested in registering for virtual, distanced learning, the deadline to register is July 24.
The deadline will help staff prepare technology and online classes in time for the first day of school, August 13.
To enroll, BPS recommends parents contact the site principal. Click here for more information on enrollment.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.