BIXBY, Okla. — Bixby City Council passed a mask recommendation for the city on Dec. 15th.
The city voted four to one to approve the mask recommendation.
The resolution "strongly" recommends all people to wear face masks. It also recommends people to use face masks and practice social distancing within the City of Bixby when they are outside their homes, according to the meeting agenda.
This comes as coronavirus cases continue to rise in the state and country. As of Dec. 16th, the United States recorded at least 100,000 new COVID-19 cases every day for the last 6 weeks.
READ MORE: Coronavirus in Oklahoma
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Oklahoma earlier this week andis already being administered across Tulsa County. However, doctors are still advising people to be cautious despite the arrival of the vaccine.
READ MORE: Why you still need to be cautious despite COVID-19 vaccine
- First doses of COVID-19 vaccine given in Tulsa Tuesday
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Why you still need to be cautious despite COVID-19 vaccine
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Nursing homes prepare for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --
- Download our free app for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
- Sign up for daily newsletters emailed to you
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter