BARTLESVILLE, Okla. — Several parents in Bartlesville said a bus driver kicked their children off their bus without warning and left them to find their own way home.
Samantha Bever is one of those parents.
“I have not received any behavior reports or phone calls from the bus barn, bus driver, nor the principal from the school," Bever said.
Bever said it's not just that her son was kicked off the bus, but also the driver is putting kids in danger.
“The bus driver is constantly slamming on his brakes and constantly cussing the kids,” Bever said.
Orville Burkes, the director of transportation for Bartlesville Public Schools, said he investigated the allegations.
"The accusations that were being directed towards the driver were unfounded,” Burkes said.
Burkes said the driver did not force the children off the bus. They got off at the school on their own because the driver would not move the bus while other students were standing.
"He felt it was unsafe to move the bus,” Burkes said.
Burkes said students are expected to follow safety rules while on the bus. Burkes said he urges parents to review the rules on the school's transportation website.
- Congress denies objection to counting Arizona's Electoral College electors after riot
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma lawmakers tweet they're safe during lockdown at US Capitol
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- OSDH launches new 'COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduler Portal' for pre-registration
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --