News

Actions

Apartment destroyed in Eton Square fire

Posted at 7:41 AM, Jan 19, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-19 19:50:14-05

Officials are blaming a stove top for the fire that destroyed an apartment Monday evening.

According to Captain Stan May, a resident at the Eton Square apartments accidentally left a burner on after reportedly using it to light a cigarette.

Fire officials went on to say the fire started in a kitchen around 10:45 p.m. near 61st and Memorial.

The complex provided another apartment for the two residents and Red Cross is assisting them with other needs.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook