Affidavit released as four Bixby High Schools students are accused of sexually assaulting a teammate
10:42 AM, Nov 28, 2017
11:55 AM, Nov 29, 2017
BIXBY--Explosive allegations Tuesday morning involving Bixby High School football players.
A search warrant affidavit details the alleged sexual assault of a 16-year old member of the football team.
It says the act was carried out by four of his teammates, while others laughed and recorded the assault.
The affidavit says the victim told investigators it happened at a team function in late September at the home of Bixby's superintendent, Kyle Wood, and that he was assaulted at a similar function at Wood's home in 2016.
The victim claims one of the teenagers videotaped the incident on a cell phone. But later deleted it, although investigators say it's unknown if this is true. The victim says other football players watched, laughed and even blocked the door during the assault.
The victim's mother was contacted by Bixby Athletic Director Jay Bittle on Oct. 26 claiming another student at the high school said her son had been subjected to a hazing incident.
The family met with Superintendent Wood on Oct. 31 and documents say it became heated and that night the victim hold his mother he was sexually assaulted.
The school district was made aware on Oct. 26. that some type of incident had taken place and investigators believe the school conducted some type of investigation but police had not been notified.
High school principal Terry Adams asked if the school had to report the incident to police and even asked to meet with Officer B. Toney "off the record."
On Nov. 1, Principal Adams reported the incident to police but directed that it be reported to a certain Bixby police officer. Investigators say that there may have been some initial effort by one or others to not report the incident at all.
Seven cellphones have been confiscated including the superintendent, athletic director, high school principal and four juveniles.
Rogers County District Attorney Matt Ballard's Office isn't conducting interviews as it's an open case. but sent 2 Works for You this statement:
"This is a complex investigation and I am committed to uncovering all relevant facts and only at the conclusion of a thorough investigation will I be able to make charging decisions regarding any potential crimes as I deem appropriate and in the best interest of justice."
Bixby Board of Education released this statement on Wednesday, November 29:
As president of the Bixby Board of Education I am issuing this statement to inform our citizenry of the District’s ongoing investigation involving certain Bixby High School students.
The investigation has been proceeding diligently and prudently by the District’s outside legal counsel with assistance by the High School . A number of interviews have been conducted and all of the facts are being gathered for ultimate presentation to the Board of Education.
As I have stated earlier, under state and federal law the District, including its board members and staff, is precluded f commenting on any facts or information involving any students or employees who may be involved in the investigation. These laws have the District from commenting on any details of the investigation.
I want the public to know that all of the oard embers and the persons investigating these issues take this matter very seriously. We understand the concerns of our patrons and we are sensitive the need to insure that the values of our community are upheld. To that end a comprehensive and thorough investigation is ongoing. The Board will conduct a meeting on Thursday, November 30 at 6:00 p.m. to receive an update on the investigation.
In closing, I will say that you have placed your trust in five board members who are doing everything they can to retain that trust. We will see this investigation to a full conclusion and you should trust that, if appropriate, we will hold individuals accountable for their actions.