TULSA, Okla. — Actress Jessica Campbell has passed away at age 38.
Campbell died suddenly and unexpectedly on Dec. 29, 2020, according to her family.
The Tulsa native is best known for her roles in the 1999 film "Election," starring alongside Reese Witherspoon, and the hit TV show "Freaks and Geeks."
In the wake of Campbell's death, Witherspoon offered her condolences to her family on Twitter.
"'So heart broken to hear this. Working with Jessica on Election was such a pleasure," Witherspoon said. "I’m sending all my love to Jessica‘s family and loved ones."
So heart broken to hear this. Working with Jessica on Election was such a pleasure. I’m sending all my love to Jessica‘s family and loved ones. https://t.co/xEt6bOwWqE— Reese Witherspoon (@ReeseW) January 13, 2021
Campbell was working as a neuropathic physician in Vancouver, Washington at the time of her death. The cause of her death is unknown at this time.
A relative setup a GoFundMe to help cover Campbell's memorial expenses and living expenses for her 10-year-old son, Oliver. So far, the crowdfunding platform raised more than $29,000.
- Impeached again; Trump becomes first US president to be impeached twice
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Tulsa Public Schools partners with health department to offer staff, 65 and older, COVID-19 vaccine
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Tulsa City Council to discuss extending mask mandate
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --