TULSA — Officials with the City of Tulsa and the community are celebrating 918 Day today.
Officials say 918 Day, which takes place on Sept. 18 (9/18), was launched by the city last year as a part of the Resilient Tulsa Strategy which calls for increasing social cohesion and community-building throughout the city.
This year's theme is, "What makes Tulsa, Tulsa?"
To celebrate Mayor G.T. Bynum is taking a 24-hour tour of Tulsa. Officials say Mayor Bynum began at midnight on last night and will travel to different Tulsa destinations every hour.
Officials say the mayor will be updating both his Facebook (Mayor GT Bynum) and Twitter (@gtbynum) with details of his trip throughout the 24-hour period.
Also, for 918 Day, several Tulsa businesses, including restaurants, will be having special deals. Click here for a list of discounts.
Other groups offering offers are below:
McNellie's Group Offer for 918 Day
-All Tulsa locations will donate 9.18% of proceeds to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma.
- Every Passport member (customer loyalty program) will receive a credit in their account for $9.18 that can only be redeemed Sept. 18
- For a social campaign, anyone who posts a picture of themselves on Instagram at any of the McNellie Group restaurants with the hashtag #918mcnellies and anyone who purchases a Harvest Beer Festival ticket Sept. 18 will be entered into a drawing for a McN gift card worth $918! To purchase tickets for the Harvest Beer Festival, click here.
- Participating Locations are below:
- McNellie’s South City – 7031 S. Zurich Ave.
- El Guapo’s Downtown – 332 E. 1st St.
- El Guapo’s Harvard – 8161 S. Harvard Ave.
- Fassler Hall – 394 S. Elgin Ave.
- Dilly Diner – 402 E. 2nd St.
- Yokozuna – 9146 S. Yale
- Yokozuna downtown – 399 E. 2nd St.
- The Tavern – 201 N. Main St.
- Dust Bowl Lanes & Lounge – 211 S. Elgin. Ave.
- Elgin Park – 325 E. Brady St.
- Bull in the Alley – 201 N. Main St.
- Howdy Burger – inside Mother Road Market
918 Comedy Night
-Mayfest and Chapman Green Arts hosts the inaugural comedy evening on Sept. 18 to celebrate the popular 918 Day and Tulsa arts.
-The event will feature 24 comics, with music by local musicians.
-The family-friendly comedians will perform from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
-This FREE event, thanks to the H.A. and Mary Chapman Foundation and The Meridia - Urban Luxury Living, is from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Chapman Centennial Green at 6th and Boston.
For more information on the comedians for the event, click here.
Tulsa Oilers Tickets
-The hockey team announced on its Facebook page, it will offer discounted tickets for its opening game against Kansas City Mavericks on Friday, October 11.
-The deal is $9.18 for group zone tickets (normally $22 at the box office).
-Sale only on 9/18.
For more information, click here.
2 Works for you will continue to update this list with information on these great deals!
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.