NewsLocal News


6 taken to hospital after soda machine carbon dioxide leak

Posted at 9:19 PM, Mar 01, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-01 23:24:58-05

CLAREMORE, Okla. — Six people, including three firefighters, were transported to a hospital after a carbon dioxide leak in a restaurant's soda machine on Friday night, officials say.

The leak happened at a Daylight Donuts on Will Rogers Blvd. The incident closed down the street while crews investigated. The roadway has been reopened.

Authorities say initially they thought it was a natural gas leak after someone on the cleaning crew fell ill at Daylight Donuts. When first responders arrived, two more people were ill.

The leak was traced to a soda machine at Daylight Donuts, and it was removed from the building.

Bill and Ruth's sandwich shop also was evacuated as a precaution.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook