TULSA, Okla. — The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commemoration Society, Inc. celebrated Dr. King's legacy and keeping his dream alive on Monday, Jan. 18th.
PHOTO GALLERY: 42nd annual MLK Commemorative Parade
The Tulsa nonprofit hosted the 42nd annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemorative Parade. This year's theme is “Standing Strong: for justice, truth, and freedom.”
Each year, over 100 entries participate in the parade featuring themed floats, music and marchers, according to organizers. The parade began at Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and John Hope Franklin and meandered through historic Greenwood Avenue to Archer, ending near ONEOK Field.
“Dr. King’s message of love, hope and peace is one that is everlasting,” said Pleas Thompson, president of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration Society. “His message is every bit as relevant today as it was when he first said the words ‘I have a dream.’ We look forward to the Tulsa community coming together once again to celebrate Dr. King’s message of hope for today and the future."
- Pelosi calls on VP Pence to invoke 25th Amendment, remove President Trump
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Impeachment resolution against President Trump released, signed by several lawmakers
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Tulsa Health Department experiencing 'technical difficulties' with state's vaccine scheduling app
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --