News

Actions

2 escape house fire caused by cigarette in Tulsa Sunday afternoon

Posted at 3:34 PM, Jul 31, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-31 18:50:32-04

TULSA -- Several people were displaced after a home caught fire in Tulsa Sunday afternoon.

The fire erupted near 26th Street and Yorktown Avenue Sunday afternoon around noon. Firefighters say it took about an hour and a half to get the fire under control.

The location of the home made it difficult to get to, say fire officials.

Firefighters say due to the vaulted ceilings, the home held a lot of heat and was heavily damaged on the inside.

A cigarette is believed to have started the fire. The two people inside the home were able to make it out safely.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook