TULSA - More than 10,000 car crashes were reported to police in 2015 in Tulsa.
Now, city leaders are taking a closer look at that data to find ways to make some intersections safer.
These are the 10 intersections with the most collisions between 2013 and 2015.
- 71st and Mingo - 218 collisions
- 81st and Memorial - 203 collisions
- 61st and Memorial - 135 collisions
- 71st and Riverside - 131 collisions
- 71st and 92nd E. Ave. - 118 collisions
- 71st and Olympia - 118 collisions
- 71st and 101st E. Ave - 114 collisions
- 21st and Garnett - 108 collisions
- 41st and Garnett - 106 collisions
- 31st and Garnett - 105 collisions
Six of those 10 intersections are in Tulsa City Councilor Anna America's district.
"I think the data will help us be a lot smarter with the resources we have," said America.
City leaders plan to meet with area business owners to discuss how changing access points could possibly reduce the number of accidents.
Where are the accidents and construction areas around Tulsa? Check out our Traffic page to know what's going on.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.